Academic year: 2023/2024
Type: Bachelor's Degree
ECTS Credits: 240
Length of programme (full time): 4 YEARS
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face
Level of qualification: Graduado(a) (MECES level 2 - EQF level 6)
Model of study: Full-time (42-60 ECTS per school year)
Academic Information for mobility students
Prácticas profesionales (Prácticum): Sí
More info: programme website
Name: MARÍA JOSÉ DE LA, TORRE MORENO / mjtorre@ugwP3YiixTr.es
Faculty of Arts / Granada campus
Field(s) of education and training (ISCED-F)
- Languages, not further defined (0230)
This degree programme enables graduates to achieve an advanced level of communicative competence in English by developing the following: (a) listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills; (b) in-depth knowledge of the main models of study and analysis of the English language and literatures, applied linguistics, and history and culture of English-speaking countries; (c) understanding of the teaching and learning of English as a foreign language, in order to qualify graduates for teaching and research in English studies in academic and professional contexts. This degree develops learner autonomy, effective team work, and problem-solving skills.
1. Understand and express ideas with clarity in written and oral form.
2. Identify, analyse, and solve problems related to the different subjects in the degree programme.
3. Use digital technologies as learning and research tools, and also communicate and disseminate results.
4. Develop a commitment to dialogue, reflection, critical analysis, autonomous learning, self-awareness, and teamwork.
5. Develop a commitment to scientific research, which entails curiosity, observation, and the ability to ask questions and methodically pursue answers.
6. Understand complex technical and literary texts and recognise differences in style.
7. Write complex texts in the appropriate register.
8. Use language flexibly and efficiently for social and professional purposes.
Name of title awarded in original language
Graduado o Graduada en Estudios Ingleses
– The student has to complete the ECTS credits of the study program distributed as follows: Basic Formation (60 ECTS) Obligatory (144 ECTS) Optional (30 ECTS) Final degree project (6 ECTS)
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to students with the following degrees/ diplomas or studies, or any other recognized as equivalent to these:
A.1. Spanish Bachiller, European Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate.
A.2. Baccalaureate from European Union Member States’ education systems or other countries withinternational agreements.
A.3. Advanced Technician in Vocational Training, Advanced Technician in Plastic Arts and Design orAdvanced Technician in Sports Education, from the Spanish Education System.
A.4.Studies carried out in European Union Member States or in other countries with international reciprocal agreements which meet the academic requirements in those States to access their university studyprogrammes.
A.5. Official Spanish university degrees of Diplomado, Arquitecto Técnico, Ingeniero Técnico, Licenciado, Arquitecto, Ingeniero, Graduado or Máster Universitario.
A.6. Partial (foreign or Spanish) university studies.
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is also possible for:
B.1. People over twenty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
B.2. People over forty with work or professional experience related to a university field of knowledge.
B.3. People over forty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
Likewise, access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to:
C.1. People meeting the requirements to enter university according to the Spanish Education Systemregulations prior to Ley Orgánica 8/2013, of December 9.
In the Spanish university system, modules/courses are graded on a scale of 0 to 10 points with the following qualitative equivalence:
0-4,9: «suspenso»; 5-6,9: «aprobado»; 7-8,9: «notable»; 9-10: «sobresaliente». A special mention, «Matrícula de Honor» may be granted to up to 5% of the students in a group provided they have got a «sobresaliente». To pass a module/course is necessary to get at least 5 points.
In cases of recognition of ECTS, professional experience, cultural or sports activities, or student representation no grading will be recorded but, where appropriate, the word «Apto».
UGR Examination Regulations
More info on academic regulations at: